Baja in DC




I've been itching to try my hand at fish tacos for awhile now. The summery weather a few weeks ago inspired this effort. The fresh corn tortillas (I did not make) and the salsa (I am proud to have made) were the stars here. I grilled halibut (instead of breading and frying as more traditional fish tacos are made), but am neither an expert on the grill nor, I think, a fan of halibut. I hope to work on the grilling skills this summer (speaking of which...), but I would love to try this again with another fish. Any suggestions? Tilapia seems too thin and delicate.

Avocado Mango Salsa

1 not-too ripe mango, cubed
1 not-too ripe avocado, cubed
1 tomato, cubed
1/2 red onion
Cilantro, chopped
Juice of 2 limes
Salt
Carefully mix mango, avocado, tomato and onion together. Pour lime juice, salt, and cilantro over and mix gently.

No comments:

Post a Comment