CSA, what?

After all that hemming and hawing yesterday I made a meal utilizing one measly CSA share vegetable--a sweet, not hot as assumed, red pepper. Despite the non-local-ness of the food, it turned out looking quite nice (good colors) and not bad tasting either. It was my variation on and combination of Bittman's Stir-Fried Chicken with Broccoli and Stir-Fried Spicy Beef with Basil. I was mostly looking to the recipes for technique. The ones I picked up being, parboiling the broccoli for 2 minutes and quick marinating the beef with the basil and some oil. The basil was really over-powered here even though I used a hefty handful. Basil you can't taste= a darn shame. Speaking of basil, I have a hankering for some pesto. I'd love to find a creative way to use it (read: not on pasta).

No comments:

Post a Comment